Today the Surface RT saved a colleague. All our IT systems were down – the Internet, file servers, printing, email, Moodle. A file with feedback needed to be seen and edited as necessary. Two mobiles, a Surface RT and a USB drive saved the day…..
My colleague could access his email on his phone but could not see the document with changes…
- the email was forwarded to me
- I opened the email and saved the file to my SkyDrive account
- I opened my SkyDrive on the Surface RT (wi-fi was up and running for a moment – perfect timing)
- I sent the file to the USB stick (beat that iPad)
- colleague opens the file on his desktop to see feedback and make changes
- Our networked printers accept ISB sticks!
A job well done.