This week I had the opportunity to finally connect to my iPhone (well I did not really I just did not have local WiFi password when I needed it)
Simply put it is a case of turning on your Personal Hotspot and once your surface picks up your phones name input the password that is set, the problem is this will cost myself £5/Gb. Not something that I want to worry about. Connecting via wire/USB is not an option as you cannot install the drivers required on the Surface RT but you can by Bluetooth…..
Follow instrustions on how to connect bluetooth given by microsoft:
- On iPhone turn on Bluetooth (swipe up from homescreen to ensure Bluetooth is turned on, or settings > Bluetooth > on)
- Turn on personal hotspot (settings > personal hotspot > on)
- On the RT Surface swipe from the right to access the3 charms menu
- Select Change PC setting,
- select devices,
- add device
- Accept pairing on the iPhone and surface as instructed
- To allow internet access on the Surface RT go to the control panel > Hardware and Sound > View device and printers
- Select the iPhone and you will find that more option appear above
- Select “Connect Using” and then click on drop down menu and Select Access Point.
I have found this is sufficient for reasonable access. Don’t expect it to be consistent/stable.