So the Apple Event “Spring Forward” is today with the following expectations:
- Apple Watch
- Pricing – expectations starting at $349 for the aluminium (normally this equates to the same price in £’s in the UK), $499 for stainless steel and anything in the £1,000’s for the gold
- Battery life – working day+ or all day? with a quick charge (for example 20 mins will last the evening)
- Shipping – next month?
- Revamping of the Apple shops to take account of the fashion shopping experience?
- Updated MacBooks
- New Apple TV – long time coming!
How to Watch
Apple will provide a live stream of the event, which kicks off at 5pm 9th of March 2015 (10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern) suitable for viewing on a recent Mac, iOS device, or Apple TV.
AppleInsider will be on hand at the Yerba Buena Center and will bring live coverage from the venue.
Having just wrapped up at 6.35pm GMT the key points were:
- Apple Pay accepted at 700,00 locations and growing
- Apple TV now able to have HBO Now (US only?)
- Apple TV now cheaper at $69
- Medical research on the Health Kit on the iPhone (5 apps available today)
- space gray, silver, gold
- 24% thinner than macbook air
- New full size keyboards
- 12″ Retina display
- Force sensor touchpad (Taptic)
- All day battery life (9-10hrs)
- Only 1 port – all wireless. Share with AirPlay, AirDrop. Most versatile power connector: USB, power & Display Port/VGA/HDMI, standard “USB-C” aka “USB 3.1 type C”
- Shipping April 10th
- 13″ Macbook Pro
- Apple Watch
- Watch Sport anodized aluminum (silver or space gray)
- Watch Stainless Steel (Traditional and space black)
- Watch Edition (Yellow or rose gold)
- Every Notification that your iPhone gets so does your watch
- Siri by touching the crown or by “Hey Siri”
- Wireless Payments
- Answer calls on watch
- 18hr charge
- Magnetic charger
- Control music
- Taptic engine
- Will suggest more movement less sit
- Apple Watch App is available with iOS 8.2 now!
- two sizes 38mm/42mm
- Aluminium anodized alloy is 60% stronger than normal aluminium
- Sport: £299/42mm is £345 approx.
- Stainless steel 80% harder
- Steel: £479 (upto £949 depending on band choice)/42mm £525 approx.
- Edition $10,000 (Limited quantities)
- Available April 10th
- The larger watch reportedly has a larger battery (but this may not mean longer life as it is likely to require more power)
- 2.5hr charging
- Will Sow time for upto 72hrs, once other functionality is turned off
No major surprised except for the MacBook