Whilst on the hunt for new apps I thought it worthwhile to revisit my list of top 10 favourite apps, in not particular order:
- Veescope Live: Green screen app for work and fun
- Periscope: live streaming, maybe a novelty but high hopes
- VLC Player: plays every video format and allows variable playback speed, good to export my ‘Opinions’ to
- iPlayer Radio: Great for an insomniac to listen to
- Plex: Stream home media content
- Tipping Point: a Game but so addicitive
- Facebook/Messenger: does what it says on tin!
- Find Friends: locate friends
- BBC News: does what it says on tin!
- Waze: Sat Nav with crowd sourced traffic updates
- Opinion: Simple audio record and edit (10 minuted free)
Honorable mentions (love but don’t use much or use due to necessity)
- RingR Mobile: high quality phone-call capture, great for use in podcasts or evidence based assessment
- WhatsApp: for those with iMessage, or with a preference
- Feedly: curated news content
- ScanLife / i-nigma: QR scanners
- WordPress: In the majority I edit on my desktop, but just occasionally this works well
- Capti: Read text as audio for on the go
- National Rail: Plan your trip end to end with updates on delays!
- Hootsuite: Scheduled Twitter posts
- My Measures: take a photo and add dimensions, great DIY tool
- Pogoplug: access files on home server, backup camera roll