I have been nominated/awarded the Liebster Award – which is for bloggers by bloggers. It is in part recognition, part marketing and a sprinkle of chain mail (in essence) whereby you:
1. Thank and link to those that nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by your nominator.
3. Nominate 5-10 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
4. Create 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs. (well otherwise it would be a bit pointless if they never knew!)
Now I am not a lover of chain letters, they are nasty little things that normally prey on fears, but this is in the spirit of sharing (and I dare say potential collaborations!) with no threat to “pay-it-forward”. So I am convinced, and a tiny bit humbled to be picked (hopefully I am chosen out of respect for my blog and not to fill a mandate – only as this occurred to me that I think I would struggle to now five blogs that I would nominate, but it will encourage me to explore which surely is a big part of the awards purpose!)
So now all is complete: What I found from this was… Tag your posts, it’s the best way I searched for good blogs on topics I was interested in. There are a lot of abandoned, lack-of-focus, you-need-a-pic-for-that-post and generally poor blogs out there. So I say to my nominations below “well done, well deserved!”
1. So onto my nominator – girlheartsbooks&tech – other than being glad at the nomination I love the duality of their blog, and they certainly do give credible app reviews with multiple screenshots. Definitely worthy of their own award! Thanks 🙂
2. My answers:
- What is your favourite colour, and why? Blue, it suits me
- What was the last book you read? Kenneth Williams Diaries – way too long. Currently reading Happiness by Design: Finding Pleasure and Purpose in Everyday Life
- How long could you live without your phone for? I couldn’t. Period.
- What food do you love? gosh, far too many, but if I had to pick to would be Japanese (closely followed by Italian)
- What are your favourite five films?
- Bourne Identity
- Lord of the Rings
- Star Wars
- What is your favourite phone app/s? Why? soooo many, and I wonder if my Nominator will look into any of them? 🙂
- My Measures: take a photo and add dimensions, great DIY tool
- VLC Player: plays every video format and allows variable playback speed
- iPlayer Radio: Great for an insomniac to listen to
- Capti: Play those text docs as audio, great for on the go
- National Rail: Plan your trip end to end with updates on delays!
- Waze: Sat Nav with crowd sourced traffic updates
- Opinion: Simple audio record and edit (10 minuted free)
- RingR Mobile: high quality phone-call capture, great for use in podcasts or evidence based assessment
- What bad habit do you have? too many sweets – no will power to stop!
- Do you have an animal? A cat, Tinks, who is evil
- What was your last dream, that you can remember, about? I was a Jedi! I’m a sci-fi nut!
- Do you have a phobia? not that I can think of, although I don’t like extreme height – funny when its not the height but the floor that does you in, but it would sound daft to say you have a fear of floors!
3. My nominations: (and I have no worries if you decide not to pay-it-forward, this is not a chain letter/post. No bloggers have or will be harmed, or any of their affiliates!)
- Friendly Fire Games http://www.ryanlaley.com/ great insight into independent game development
- 101 Speaking Nuggets http://101speakingnuggets.wordpress.com/ A great blog that gives insight and thought provoking “nuggets”, so much more than the “how to”
- Rex’s Multimedia Blog https://rexbarbermultimedia.wordpress.com/ Early days but some great quality posts already
- Digital Nomnom’s https://digitalnomnoms.wordpress.com/ bitesize digital titbits!
- Omakase Dining https://omakasedining.wordpress.com/ Japanese cuisine, what’s not to like, this site is going to keep me busy and the wife happy!
- Year of the Homemade Bread https://yearofthehomemadebread.wordpress.com/ Wow I love the intentions of this blog (good or mad?), I love my breadmaker too much! well written posts!
4. My questions are:
- Why the blog subject?
- Your favourite post from your own blog?
- When / Where do you write your blog?
- Your favourite blog to follow?
- Have you ever considered Podcasting your blog?
- Have/would you ever collaborate on a post?
- What does your family/friends think of your blogging activities?
- What other topics do you or could you blog about?
- Have you ever won any other awards?
- Gender and age (approx.)?
5. Consider it done once this post has gone live!